Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Yellowstone


yellowstone landscape
Originally uploaded by ravishankar_ha.

Visiting Yellowstone had been on my wishlist of travels for a long time. Finally I got the chance to be there this labour day weekend. Having a cousin live in Helena, MT (3hrs drive from Yellowstone) also helped :).
For all I had heard and imagined about Yellowstone, I must say it was bit of a let down. If you expect a green landscape you'll be dissapointed. There so much logging in the forest, the hills are only swatches of the lodgepole pine trees which is the main vegetation of the yellowstone forest area. Personally I like the smokey mountain landscape compared to this. However Yellowstone is yellowstone and no where else would you find so many gysers and springs in the world (maybe newzealand and iceland :)).
All said and done, Yellowstone is off my wishlist and is now captured in my head and my canon S3IS and I like it.

No comments: